Monday, January 16, 2012

Remebering the young girl

I think that all the movies I watched when I was a young girl....attributed to my being such a dreamer. I believed them.....I thought Cary Grant or George Peppard or someone like them was going to come into my life.....with all their suaveness and romance and I was going to have the whole thing....you know...the white picket fence.....etc. I remember every Christmas going to New York City and looking out over Rockefeller Center wondering who my "prince" was going to be. Every year.....and even through the years brought different men in my life there...to my special place.....to see if anything "magical" would happen....it would be a sign...that "he" was the "one". Well......nothing ever really happened.......that was earthshaking and could really qualify.


I still go to Rockefeller Center every year......and now I bring my own little girl there.....but I don't look out and dream about my "prince" anymore. I have had some princes in my day........it just wasn't exactly like the movies. I looked out across the ice this year.......and pictured the young girl...so many years ago..... sitting with her handsome dad having hot chocolate.....watching the skaters......and dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment